Friday, October 8, 2010

October fun

A few weeks ago it rained hard for two days straight. It was enough to make the river overflow and cause a bit of damage south of here. It was beautiful out yesterday and we headed to Colvill Park. In the photo below you can still see the levee wall (about mid-photo with a group of seagulls perched on it.) I am always looking for fun indoor things for Evan to do throughout the fall/winter. I enrolled him in swim lessons at the Y and he absolutely loves it! I love it, too, because the swim instructors stay in the water with him and I get to watch from the hot tub!Nice form! Maybe Evan will be on dive team when he goes to school.
And this is how I spend my time...a "normal" afternoon in the Nelson household: Evan, wearing NO pants, MY shoes, and a canvas bag over his head calling "MOM....MOM....LOOKATMEE!!! I'M A FUNNY GUY!" You sure are, Evan. You sure are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures! swim instructor kathy is THE BEST! my little nephew adores her, and she really knows how to work with the kids. glad evan is enjoying it!

Miller Family said...

That first picture is BEAUTIFUL! Swim lessons look like fun for Evan. I have been thinking about getting Eli started on some at the Y this winter.