Sunday, August 23, 2009

Gone Fishin'

Jeremy's parents bought a new fishing boat this summer, and they were nice enough to let us use their old one yesterday. We all went out together for a relazing day on the river.
They have a great fishing spot on a beach, and Grandpa showed Evan how to fish! He let him help reel in all day long - and the fish were really biting! Evan got lots of practice.

Evan's first fish!
Grandma caught a Sunfish!
Jeremy's first fish of the day (and year, actually!)
The Big Kahuna! This carp was at least 15 pounds. All catch and release, my friends - perhaps we'll see him again some day.
It rained every day this past week - during a short break on Wednesday we headed to the playground for Evan to wear off some energy. (He's at the top of the metal slide, Becky is at the bottom.)
I am constantly amazed at all of the things Evan can do! These "floating" steps move around and twist in all directions, and Evan can go all the way across them without falling off or losing his balance, which is more than I can say for myself! He is such an amazing little boy.

Evan and his new trike. It has a bar that steers the wheels while I push. He's stronger than me (I blame it on the leverage) and likes to run us into curbs a lot.
The inlet was all misty and spooky and I thought it would make a good picture. What can I say?

1 comment:

erica said...

I have to say that I LOVE the fact that there is a black lab in almost every fish picture waiting for it with what I would assume is drooling jaws! :) Anxious to help out! Looks like you had so much fun! Great pictures - and thank you a ton for feeding our kitty while we were gone. Hope to see you soon - we'll plan another play date here in the near future. Miss you!