Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Evan's 3rd Birthday Party

It has become a tradition for me to make Evan a "Birthday Shirt" each year for his party. This year he wanted everything to be Thomas the Train, so I thought it would be fun to make a shirt with that theme. This is the back of it - can you find the Birthday Boy?Great-Grandma Eileen, Grandpa Wayne and Auntie Karla came over to celebrate before the party. As usual, Baxter found Karla's lap. He is absolutely in love with her!
Evan was very excited to get a soccer ball from Aunt Karla!

THE PARTY:
It was a beautiful day! It made me realize how thankful I am that Evan was born at the end of July (and not December like me.) We started with the kiddie pool (with a new slide from Grandma Barb!) and then beat the snot out of some homemade pinatas. For the record, Jeremy and I each made one out of paper mache and his was much better! Candy and toys!!! Evan requested a strawberry cake with chocolate frosting this year. I apparently thought it would be fun to get up at 6am and make a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting from scratch...I think for my first try at making a cake in the shape of a castle it wasn't too bad!Make a wish!"Reading" the cards with Dad. Evan getting some help from his pal, Noah.
Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate Evan's birthday with us! We are truly blessed to have such great friends and family.

No comments: