Friday, August 13, 2010

Its so blasted HOT out!

It has been an unseasonably HOT, humid, and wet August so far. The flowers in our backyard all seem to like it, but its making us humans melt!

Even the River City Day's Parade was muggy and hot - but we still had fun. Evan likes to pretend to read using my glasses - here he is "reading" the parade program.
Of course, we've been on the river or at the pool every chance we get!
Evan has been into dinosaurs lately. He told me last week that a bruise on his leg was from a "pterodactyl." This week, at the beach, he found a rock that looked like a "Dinosaur Tooth Bone."

Unfortunately, also due to the hot and sticky weather, Rico has developed some mats in his fur that can't be brushed out without hurting him. So...I decided to shave him into a Lion Kitty. It didn't turn out so well. If a groomer had sent him home like this I would have asked for my money back!
As you can see, there is still a rather furry chunk on his chest that I didn't shave. When I got to that part Rico decided that he had had enough. Poor kitty.

No comments: