Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday, Evan!

Evan had his second round of day camp through the YMCA this week - so I thought it would be fun to bring a treat for his birthday.  The kids sang to him and each made him a birthday card.  It was so cute!  

I was planning on bringing popsicle, but it ended up raining all day so camp was moved to the YMCA...and I didn't think the custodians would appreciate sticky popsicle juice everywhere, so I brought cake pops from Hanisch's Bakery instead.  They were amazing!

When I asked Evan what he wanted most for his birthday, he told me: "I want a pair of black pants, a bow tie, and a hat so we can eat at the fancy restaurant above your work (The Veranda)."  So that is what we did!  He picked out his own outfit ("Is this shirt and shorts fancy enough, mom?") and we went to dine on the roof.  

Well, almost on the roof.  It was hot out, so Evan chose to eat inside.  He had mac n' cheese, and for his birthday the waitress brought him this HUGE and deliciously rich chocolate cake.  Yumm!!!  Evan was very sweet and shared his cake with all of us without us even having to ask.  He is growing up so fast!

No comments: